For a product to achieve the Cradle to Cradle Bronze Certification, it must meet certain requirements for material health, material re-utilization, renewable energy and carbon management, water stewardship, and social fairness. The information listed below is from the Cradle to Cradle Certified website.
- "The product is at least 75% assessed (by weight) using ABC-X ratings. Externally Managed Components (EMCs) are considered assessed and contribute to the overall percentage of the product that has been assessed. Products that are entirely Biological Nutrients in nature (e.g., cosmetics, personal care, soaps, detergents, etc.) must be at least 100% assessed."
- "A phase out or optimization strategy has been developed for those materials with an X rating."
- "The product has a Material Re-utilization Score that is ≥ 35."
Renewable Energy and Carbon Management
- "A renewable energy use and carbon management strategy is developed ."
- "A facility-wide water audit is completed."
- "A full social responsibility self-audit is complete and a positive impact strategy is developed (based on UN Global Compact Tool or B-Corp)."